Find a Provider
PSI has a resource list of therapists and prescribers. Although PSI of MA updates our resource lists periodically, we can not guarantee the accuracy of these lists. PSI provides information to help you find the support you need; PSI does not endorse or recommend any professional on our website, but hopes that you will ask questions when seeking professional support.
You may want to ask:
You may want to ask:
- Do you accept my insurance?
- How much do you charge? Do you offer a sliding fee option?
- What special experience or training do you have in postpartum or pregnancy issues?
- What types of therapy do you provide? Family therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, psychodynamic, mother and child? And can you describe what that means for you?
- Can I bring my baby to sessions?
- Do you speak my language? Or offer translator services?
- Are you available in emergencies?
- What are your hours? Your address? Do you have available parking? Are you near public transportation?
- How soon can I get an appointment?
- Are you able to prescribe medication, if needed? If not, can you make a referral for a practitioner that can prescribe medication?
The following provider lists are up to date as of August 2016 to the best of our knowledge unless otherwise noted below:
Please note, provider information can become out of date very quickly. If you are looking for a therapist or prescriber and have trouble downloading the PDF for your region or need assistance, please call our warmline (1-866-472-1897) and one of our volunteers can assist you.
You can also contact your primary care physician, midwife or OB provider, or your baby's pediatrician, who has access to referrals, care coordination, and consultations through the MCPAP for Moms program.
If you live in one of these 45 towns, you also have access to mental health referrals through the MSPP Interface Referral Service:
Acton, Alford, Ashby, Ayer, Becket, Boston, Boxborough, Carlisle, Chelmsford, Cohasset, Concord, Dunstable, Duxbury, Egremont, Great Barrington, Groton, Hanover, Harvard, Hingham, Kingston, Lee, Lincoln, Littleton, Marshfield, Milford, Monterey, Mount Washington, Needham, New Marlborough, Newton, Norwell, Otis, Pembroke, Pepperell, Sandisfield, Scituate, Sheffield, Shirley, Stockbridge, Sudbury, Townsend, Tyringham, Waltham, West Stockbridge, Westford.
If you are a therapist, psychiatrist, doula, or other provider that specializes in supporting postpartum women and you would like to be included in our resource list, please contact us.